Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Today is "National Nite Out!"



We're celebrating for the first time with our little neighborhood and I'm so excited! Although we've lived in our neighborhood for about 3-1/2 years, it seems that recently it's getting much 'friendlier!' The idea was spawned by my neighbor Annette and then really gelled as we talked it up as everyone was watching the fire burn behind our house on July 25th... so then here we are!


It's always been a great place to live and we've known our closest neighbors since we've moved in, but now it's really starting to feel like "Mayberry!" (Well, not exactly- I grew up in a Mayberry, but you get the picture!) We're having a potluck social- our councilman sent by packets for the neighbors and a police representative is even coming to pass out stuff to the kids. I'm hoping that the fire department makes it by too- I called but haven't heard back, and short of dialing 9-1-1, my expectations are pretty low. I'm excited to let everyone know how it turns out- and obviously, since this does relate to food- I'll post on what recipes I decided to bring. I'm hoping to have pictures too. In the mean time, I'm leaving you with some pictures from the fire behind our house... that might be an entirely different blog!

No comments: